Monday, March 23, 2009

Town Officials Just Don't Get It!

Over the past week I have spoken to several individuals within the Town who were either past or present employee’s. I was shocked about what I learned. Hopefully the Mayor and Council can make a responsible decision and rid our town of such deplorable behavior.

Friday night at the Rodeo I had a friendly discussion with Mayor Meck. Though I share his concerns, we do not see eye to eye on the issues. Mayor Meck states he has been working to bring big business to the town and all the bad press is not helping. As a matter of fact it might even delays things.

I tried to explain to Mayor Meck there is an easy solution to the town’s current problems. I simply stated, address the problems by doing the right thing and the press would go away or better yet write more positive stories as a result of his actions.

I expressed once more for the record the Mayor and Council should sever the town’s relationship with Ms. Guy and Mr. Rounds.

I also reminded him that he should ask for the resignations of Councilmen Hardesty and McAchran. He was very reluctant to even discuss this with me. Though he didn’t say much about Hardesty he seemed very protective in the case of Councilman McAchran.

I remember telling Mayor Meck the following for which he disagreed…"Mayor Meck I stated…Right now you are the CEO of a sinking ship! You need to make some serious decisions on how you are going to keep her afloat”. I stated I felt the removal of the four individuals mentioned earlier would be the best course to navigate today.

By removing the current Upper Town management and Councilmen mentioned, it would send a powerful message to all the citizens of our town that this town will no longer tolerate corruption or the “Good Old Boy Inner Circle anymore”.

Though I believe Mayor Meck intends nothing but good for the town, I’m afraid he just does not get it or is affraid of some sort of reprecussion. He wants to stop the recalls and pretend all is well with the Town’s management. he also wants to have small one on one meetings with those who oppose the Secret Circle in hopes to quash it all.

The Mayor was very insistent on these meetings. I suggested perhaps an old fashion Executive town hall meeting was in order. This way we could have a closed meeting and contro press. Attendies would include only local town press and with speakers from the audience following an agenda. The speakers would be allowed only to make statements to support the demand for removal of the Council Members and Town Management in an orderly fashion. This would be the final opportunity for the Mayor and Council to do the right thing. If they failed to respond accordingly then the public recalls and public demands will escalate even more.

We would love to hear your thoughts on this. Should the Mayor and Council ask for the resignations without a meeting? Do you feel a meeting of this type should be required when dealing with issues or concerns of this nature? We look forward to your responses.

No comments: