Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Ethic's, Morals or Integrity, You be the judge...

Back in 2008 during the last Council election two letters were received one addressed to me and one to the Arizona Republic. Not wanting to be involved in a mud slinging campaign I elected to hold onto this until now. Letter From Concerned Citizens of New Mexico.

The following article was published by the Arizona Republic as a result of receiving the second letter. After their extensive research the McAchran story was released and found even more enlightening. The McAchran Story

Most of you are already aware that I ran against Councilman McAchran in this election. I represented a fresh new prospective for the town of Buckeye. I am not part of any Inner Circle nor could I ever have been considered a Good Old Boy. I do not take bribes, do not do favors nor do I like owing anyone. I was purely wanting to donate my time to assist in building a better place to work, live in and play in. I was a threat to the inner circle so therefore they made sure McAchran won.

Most do not know there should have been a run off between the two of us. This did not happen because District 3 was told to vote in our district (Bales Elementary) instead in their own (Yonkers). No one ever knew this took place until I was contacted by a town employee who told me what had happened. After further research we found that 8 people voted for McAchran and that made the difference from having a run off. I contacted the offices of elections and they confirmed this had taken place but they would not do anything because of the amount of time which had past. Rather than making a big deal about it I just went on with life "no big deal."

Over the past year many citizens have shared their dissatisfaction with McAchran's performance and as a result I am now here speaking against him. Recently the Mayor requested I do what ever it takes to make sure the recalls do not take place. I told him he was the skipper of a sinking ship and only he can keep her from sinking. I expressed that its not solely me who is spearheading the recalls, I was just a voice for the people. The recall itself was being organized by many of townspeople who are done with the old ways from the past. Some refer to them as newbies but I happen to know there are also many old timers involved as well.

I further explained he needs to address the termination of Ms. Guy and Mr. Rounds because this was another explosive issue festering in the town. I told him the recalls would just have to work themselves out naturally as recalls are intended to do.

Because I represent many I will not just go away and I will continue to post any and all information that is found to be of importance to the citizens at large within Buckeye. I promise if the concerns raised on this blog are not dealt with we will continue until all concerns have been addressed.

No comments: